Wyświetlanie treści

  • Black/White
  • White/Black
  • Yellow/Blue
  • Standard

Current Style: Standard

Area Attractions

Error message

  • Notice: Undefined index: access in _menu_translate() (line 778 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
  • Notice: Undefined index: access in _menu_translate() (line 778 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
  • Notice: Undefined index: access in menu_local_tasks() (line 1892 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
  • Notice: Undefined index: access in menu_local_tasks() (line 1892 of /home/platne/serwer21515/public_html/Lubliniec/includes/menu.inc).
Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

The area of Lubliniec and its surroundings abound with the architectural monuments. There are several palace and park complexes. The ones especially worth seeing are situated in Koszęcin (the palace is the residence of worldly famous Polish National Song and Dance Ensemble "Śląsk" in memory of Stanisław Hadyna), in Kochcice where is a sanatorium and in Czarny Las near Woźniki where a hotel is located. Numerous monuments of religious architecture are also the attraction of this area. One can visit there wooden churches, chapels and bell towers from 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. They are located, inter alia, in Koszęcin, Gwoździany, Boronów, Cieszowa, Woźniki and Sadów and are the confirmation of the rich history of the region. Another place worth seeing is a paleontological museum in Lisowice with unique dinosaur skeleton found nearby in Lipie Śląskie. In the surroundings of Lubliniec are several nature reserves created to protect the most valuable forests, aquatic, boggy and peat plants and habitats for migrating and nesting birds. It is worth mentioning that in the Mała Panew valley is the only in this part ofUpper Silesianesting area of a White-tailed Eagle. Beautiful forests with the ponds hidden among the trees encourage to take a look at the nature, to fish, to collect mushrooms and berries and to have an active rest.


Palace of Donnersmarck in Brynek- was built in 1896 on initiative of Adolf zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen. Since the mid-nineteenth century the complex of buildings belonged to Donnersmarck family. In the years 1905 – 1908 the palace was rebuilt virtually from the scratch by Karl Grosser, an architect from Wroclaw. The palace built on the plane of a horseshoe shape has eclectic with elements of neo-baroque features. It is surrounded by the landscape park in which one can find a botanical garden with more than 3,5 thousand plant species. It is especially picturesque in time of flowering azaleas and rhododendrons.

 


Palace in Tworóg- built in the second half of the 18th century, rebuilt in 19tj century. It used to belong to Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen Prince.


Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church in Gwoździany- a church built in 1576 in Kościeliska near Olesno was moved to Gwoździany in the years 1976 – 1978. The church belongs to the wooden architecture route of Silesian voivodeship.

 

Town hall in Woźniki- is in the centre of the market. In 1672 was equipped with a mechanical clock. The building burned down in 1798. The new one, currently existing, was built in the years 1859 – 1862 for 12 000 thalers.

 


Church of St. Catherine in Woźniki- according to the former records it was built in 1346. In 1798 the church was burned down during the fire of the city. It was  reconstructed in 1829.


Church of St. Jacob in Lubsza – the church in Lubsza, built in the second half of 14th century or at the turn of the 14th and 15th centuries. In 1937 the set of stained glass to three windows of the church was made. The stained glass depicted as following: Holy Spirit, St. Isidore and St. Anne. At present the church is redecorated and equipped with heating.


Church of St. Trinity in Koszęcin- the initial church was built in 16th century. The current one comes from 1724. It belongs to the wooden architecture route of Silesian voivodeship. The interior of the church comes from the first half of 18th century. In the church were about 30 sculptures from 16th century, however, one third of them was stolen. The church was renovated several times, improving as well roofs as the interior. 


Church of St. John the Baptist in Brusiek- one of the oldest wooden churches in Upper Silesia, built probably in the second half of 17th century.


Church of Our Lady of the Rosary in Boronów – the wooden church from 1611. It is located in the area of Boronów. As some other churches from Lubliniec area, it belongs to the wooden architecture route. Count Andrzej Dzierżanowski, The owner of Boronów, was the founder of the church. The church is surrounded by the cemetery.

 


 

Fajczarania (Factory of Pipes) in Zborowskie – the building is located on the Fabryczna Street. The street is historic similarly to the part of the village that has been for more than 200 years called “Na Fabryce” (“On the Factory”). The building was formerly the factory of clay pipes. The manufacture of pipes was created in 1753. At the beginning, twelve specialists from Holland launched the factory. Then, the number of workers increased to 40 and in 1788 there were 115 of them. The maximum production was 700 pipes per day and about two million per year. All operations were performed manually by the professionals. The pipes were exported to England and Holland. About the year 1850- 1855 the pipes factory in Zborowskie was closed. The production of clay pipe had ceased to be profitable because of the new competitor, a cigar. From a once famous factory remained only the fractions of pipes leached by rain and a building devastated over the years. It is perhaps the only of its kind monument in Europe. In the Primary School in Zborowskie are some boards with about 500 copies of pipes.


Palace of Klitzing family in Ciasna- the palace built in the years 1904- 1908. In the thirties on 20th century the palace became nationalized. In 1939 a field hospital was located in it and then the ward of mental hospital in Lubliniec. At the end of the second half of the second world war the fire damaged the roof and the first floor of monument. In 1982 in the former palace Orphanage was created. At present the building is still a Children’s House what in a huge extend limits the possibility of visiting it. The small park surrounding the park binds to the nearby forest. 


Koszęcin Palace- palace complex in the classical style located in the centre of Koszęcin. It is the present domicile of Państwowy Zespół Pieśni i Tańca “Śląsk” (Śląsk Song and Dance Ensemble). The palace was built in 1609 when the town belonged to the Kochciccy family. The king John III Sobieski probably stayed there several times in 17th century. In the years 1829- 1830 the building was extended to its present shape by the duke Adolfa zu Hohenlohe Ingelfingen, the owner of Koszęcin. Then, the chapel was built as an addition to the castle. In 1945 the castle was destroyed to a large extend by Soviet troops. Till present, in the palace have been organized the celebration of different kinds and the conferences. The palace is surrounded by the park where one can find several protected species of plants and animals. 


The Palace in Wierzbie- the palace was built in 17th century. Over the centuries, the building has been transformed several times. At present, the restored palace in Wierzbie is privately owned. Its areas is fenced and there is no admission to it. Around the palace has been remained a small park. 


Jewish Cemetery near Cieszowa-  remote from the village one kilometer Jewish cemetery located on the hill and fenced with wooden planks. According to the tradition it is 600 years old. One can find there tombstones from 18th century. The cemetery survived I world war, interwar period and the bestial years of II world war. After II world war one almost forgot about secular, treated with reverence “Jewish Memorial Site”. Nobody or almost no one over the decades had not been interested in the fate of the cemetery in Cieszowa as it happens to many other cemeteries in Poland and Silesia. In recent years, thanks to the involvement of people, i.a. the youth from the nearby high school, the area of necropolis had been cleaned up. A part of the tombstones has been renovated.

 


Palace of Ballestrem family in Kochcice- located in Kochcice. Kochcice and surround terrains were bought by Franciszek von Balletrem at the turn of 19th and 20th century. He had given them to his son Karol Ludwik von Ballestrem who in years 1903 – 1909 built Neo-Baroque palace. Around the palace was a park. Its northern side was of English style with two ponds and dense tree stand and from southern one of the French style. Moreover, he built a distillery and a stable for 30 horses. Count Ballestrem escaped from Silesia in 1945. The palace was taken over by the local people and Soviet troops. It was robbed of works of art and destroyed partially. Till 1952 it had been a holiday resort and till 1962 has been a training centre of Kadry Rolnicze (the leaders of farming). Since 20 March 1963 Regional Rehabilitation Centre has been located there.  The palace is in a good condition.

 


The Church of Blessed Virgin Mary in Lubecko – the church at the top of the hill called Lubecka Górka is one of the main Marian shrines in Upper Silesia. It was built probably in 16th century or at the beginning of 17th. It was renovated and rebuilt several times in 17th and 17th century. The main altar of the temple contains a miraculous image of Our Lady of Lubecko. It is a small size (5,1 in x 3,1 in) copy of the painting of Our Lady of Częstochowa  and was given to the church in 1716 or 1720. Lubecko became a place of pilgrimage for the inhabitants of surrounding villages and towns. Near church one can find a tombstone of Franciszek Ciemięga, a poor inhabitant of Kanus the village near Lubliniec. She had a gift of predicting the future accurately and was famous for his religious life.